Meatless Monday - Easy Eggplant Recipe

One day when we went grocery shopping my husband put an eggplant in the shopping cart.  After all we did make our New Year's resolution to eat more vegetables.  So I guess eggplant is a vegetable.  The big question is what do I do with an eggplant?  The eggplant stayed in the fridge untouched.  I didn't know what to do with it.  I didn't look up any recipes ahead of time as I usually do.  There was no meal planning involved.  There was just this one medium eggplant.  Now I love just cooking with what's in my kitchen and I searched many eggplant recipes but they needed ingredients that I didn't have until I found this very simple easy eggplant recipe from Allrecipes.com.  

Three simple ingredients, one eggplant, sliced.  Mayonnaise and bread crumbs (in my home I had Panko crumbs).  I added a fourth ingredient which was parmesan cheese sprinkled with the Panko (Japanese style bread crumbs).  

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Put mayonnaise on both sides of the eggplant.  Coat with the bread crumbs.

Bake on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes.  

Voila!  You are done!  Wasn't that super easy!  

My husband LOVED them (and he ate them the next day)!