Slow Cooker Recipe: Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin

When it comes to cost cutting, I will often check my local grocery store flyer to see what meat is on sale.  I'll buy whatever is on sale and store it in my freezer if I'm not cooking it right away.  That's exactly what I did with pork tenderloin and then took it out of the freezer the night before I wanted to make this Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin recipe.  I wish I had read the recipe before I bought the pork tenderloin so I had bought more meat.  But that's okay I just cut the recipe in half as I only had one pound of pork tenderloin and the recipe called for two pounds.  I was inspired by the Slender Kitchen Sunday Slow Cooker:  Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin recipe.  Slow cooker recipes are wonderful because no matter what you do to it, the meat will always come out fork tender.  

  • 2 lbs lean pork tenderloin
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar (or honey/maple syrup or Stevia for low carb)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder (or more to taste)
  • salt and pepper
  1. Combine the vinegar, chicken broth, and soy sauce.
  2. Combine the sugar, cumin, garlic powder, chile powder if using, salt, and pepper. Be careful with the salt since the soy sauce is salty. You can always add more after cooking.
  3. Rub the pork with the brown sugar mixture and place in the slow cooker. Pour vinegar mixture over top.
  4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until very tender.
  5. If desired top with balsamic glaze or reduce the cooking liquid to create your own glaze.
  What did I do differently?  I didn't have chicken stock so I put beef stock instead and I also exchanged chili powder for paprika.  I also with all of the ingredients didn't really measure and just did approximate amounts.  Even with all of that, it turned out beautifully.  I LOVE slow cooker recipes.  You can do no wrong.  I served mine on a bed of brown rice with vegetables on the side.
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Dinner