Mason Jar Monday - Banana Split Parfait Dessert Jar

I follow different restaurants and chocolatiers on Instagram because food pictures can be inspiring.  One Saturday I saw some gorgeous pics of special dessert jars on Beta5 Chocolates and wished I could try one.  Beta5 sells out quickly and they did of their one day dessert specials. 

That's when I started to "google" dessert jar recipes that would be easy to make at home.  I stumbled upon Season with Spice Banana Split Parfait and that is how I came to make my own banana split dessert jar inspired from the recipe. It was delicious!  I definitely want to try making more dessert jar desserts.  

Here's what I did for 3 dessert jars:

- mason jars for the presentation
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- handful of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or a handful)
- 1 1/2 banana
- 6 strawberries

1.  Whip the whipped cream with a mixer on high speed.  Halfway through I added the icing sugar and vanilla and then finished whipping the cream til stiff.

2.  Layer the mason jars.  Bananas, whipped cream, strawberries, whipped cream, bananas, whipped cream, and walnuts on top.

This was a real treat and my guests loved my very first dessert jar.  With those ingredients you can't really lose, give it a try and you'll be deliciously surprised with your own banana split parfait dessert jar.