Slow Cooker Recipe: Pork Chops

Every weekend I take out the slow cooker so I can have an easy dinner.  I looked at the flyer and saw that pork chops were on sale so I started searching for slower cooker pork chops recipe.  I found this one from the Taste of Home.  

What happened?  Well, I have a tendency to not follow recipes or to modify recipes based on what I have at home.  So I can't really comment on how the recipe if you followed it as is below works because I kind of did not follow the can of chicken broth and instead put my homemade chicken broth but not in the right quantities.  In the end my pork chops were cooked, but did not have the gravy or taste which I will work on next time.

I did do a creative cheat the next day by putting everything in a bowl and adding cheese on top to create a whole new dish which is pictured above.  I will keep trying pork chop slow cooker recipes.  But you can see that you can turn anything into a new dish.   

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth

Directions

  1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, mustard, garlic pepper and seasoned salt. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides.
  2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place remaining flour in a small bowl; whisk in broth until smooth. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
  3. Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Whisk cooking liquid until smooth; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.